Greentech Advises MPI Offshore on its Sale to Van Oord
October 2, 2018
MPI Offshore (“MPI”), a former subsidiary of the international seagoing transportation and engineering group Vroon, is active in the offshore wind turbine installation and maintenance markets with a range of vessels, equipment and service offerings. Based in Stokesley (UK) and Breda (the Netherlands), MPI has been pioneering the offshore wind turbine installation business since 2003, when the first dedicated wind turbine installation vessel, MPI Resolution, was delivered. During the past 13 years, MPI has been involved in numerous windfarm construction projects in nearly all countries around the North and Baltic Seas. MPI operates three dedicated wind turbine installation vessels and provides a range of engineering,
consulting, manpower and equipment rental services. To learn more, visit: http://www.mpi-offshore.com/.
- Van Oord will take over the MPI organization in Stokesley, UK, and the vessels and crew of MPI Adventure and MPI Resolution, with associated contracts
- Strategic acquisition, allowing Van Oord to strengthen its global offshore wind organization, and in particular, the UK wind market
- Jan de Nul will take over the wind turbine installation vessel MPI Discovery, together with her crew
- Strategic acquisition, allowing Jan de Nul to strengthen its positon in the offshore wind market
- The Jan de Nul acquisition closed on July 13, 2018, and the Van Oord acquisition closed on October 2, 2018
Greentech acted as exclusive financial advisor to MPI Offshore on the sale to Van Oord and Jan De Nul.
For additional information about this transactions, please contact:
+41 44 578 39 00