Greentech Advises Noble Environmental Power on the Sale of a 612 MW Wind Portfolio
September 6, 2018
Founded in 2004, Noble Environmental Power (Noble) is a leading wind energy company with a 726 MW generation portfolio comprising 484 GE 1.5 wind turbines. Headquartered in Centerbrook, CT, Noble has been the exclusive operator of all of its wind assets since inception.
- The Carlyle Group (Carlyle) will acquire Noble’s 612 MW operating wind generation portfolio in New York through its newly-established affiliate Zephyr Wind Energy
- The portfolio comprises six distinct wind farms located in Northern and Western New York:
- Three wind farms in Clinton County totaling 279 MW
- Two wind farms in Wyoming County totaling 227 MW
- One wind farm in Franklin County totaling 106 MW
- The portfolio currently produces 29% of New York State’s wind power and represents the largest wind portfolio in the state
- Carlyle will also acquire Noble’s dedicated operations platform
- The acquisition marks Carlyle’s first wind investment and is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2018, subject to customary conditions, including regulatory approvals
Greentech Capital Advisors acted as exclusive financial advisor to Noble. The transaction further strengthens Greentech’s leading advisory position in renewable energy infrastructure.
Find The Carlyle Group’s press release on this transaction here.
“Carlyle’s extensive experience in the power industry makes it a fantastic owner of the largest wind generation platform in New York,” said Kay McCall, Noble President and CEO. “We are pleased that Carlyle has chosen to build on Noble’s tradition of operational excellence in order to generate clean energy for years to come.”
“We are excited to acquire this platform, which brings important diversification to the Carlyle Power Partners portfolio,” said Matt O’Connor, Carlyle Managing Director and Head of Carlyle Power Partners.