Greentech Advises ENGIE on its Acquisition of OTTO
December 19, 2018
ENGIE is a global energy and services group, focused on three core activities: low-carbon power generation, mainly based on natural gas and renewable energy, global networks, and customer solutions. ENGIE provides integrated low-carbon, high-performing, and sustainable offers based on digital technologies. Beyond energy, ENGIE facilitates the development of new ways of living and working. Headquartered in Paris, La Défense (France), the group has more than 150,000 employees in 70 countries.
In Germany, ENGIE, with its 4,000 employees and a turnover of €2.66 billion (2017) is active along the entire energy value chain, offering innovative technical, energy and service solutions for clients from industry and commerce as well as public authorities. ENGIE Germany is a leader in providing engineering and consulting services for complex infrastructure projects in the areas of energy, water, hydropower as well as construction and transportation.
- On December 19, 2018, ENGIE Deutschland GmbH part of the ENGIE Group, announced the acquisition of OTTO Luft- und Klimatechnik GmbH & Co. KG (“OTTO”) for an undisclosed amount
- Based in Bad Berleburg, OTTO counts among the most renowned specialist companies for ventilation installation and services in Germany
- OTTO is represented throughout Germany offering a portfolio that covers ventilation and air-conditioning systems solutions for office and industrial buildings as well as clean rooms and bespoke service and maintenance offers
- OTTO has a staff of 700 and will record an annual turnover of around €120 million in 2018 (estimate)
- The acquisition fits with ENGIE’s strategy to strengthen its position in Building Services and reinforces its design, planning and execution capabilities
The transaction press release can be found at:
Greentech Capital Advisors acted as exclusive financial advisor to ENGIE.
For additional information about this transaction, please contact:
+41 79 955 40 12
+33 6 26 80 64 15
+41 78 731 39 11
+41 79 893 41 38