Greentech Advises Origis Energy on Its Sale of a 40+ MW Solar Portfolio in Italy and Slovakia to ForVEI II
November 21, 2019
Origis Energy (“Origis”) is powering the solar revolution with custom clean energy solutions for utility, commercial and public sector clients. The Origis team has worked to ensure the interests of all stakeholders are upheld in more than 100 projects worldwide totaling over 1.6 GW to date of developed solar and energy storage capacity. Headquartered in Miami, FL, Origis delivers excellence in solar and energy storage development, financing, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and operations, maintenance and asset management for investors and clean energy consumers in the U.S.
- ForVEI II, the Joint Venture between VEI Green and Foresight Group LLP (altogether, “ForVEI II”), has acquired a 41 MW ground-mounted solar PV portfolio from Origis
- ForVEI II is the second vintage of the investment platform JV between Foresight and VEI Green, launched in June 2018, and specialises in acquiring renewable energy infrastructure assets in Europe
- ForVEI II will acquire from Origis 34 ground-mounted solar PV projects located in Italy, totaling approximately 37 MW, and one 4 MW ground-mounted solar PV project in Slovakia, a total capacity of approximately 41 MW
- The projects achieved commercial operations between 2010-2011 and are remunerated under a long-term contracted Feed-in-Tariff (“FiT”) scheme
- Through this transaction, Origis will further accelerate its growth in the U.S. and abroad where it boasts a 6+ GW pipeline
The transaction press release can be found at: Press Release
Greentech Capital Advisors acted as exclusive financial advisor to Origis.
“We are excited to have found a long-term partner for our European assets.” said Guy Vanderhaegen, CEO & President of Origis, “We thank ForVEI II and Greentech for their close collaboration.”